We live life; sometimes it's interesting

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

thanks for the reminder Lord

Did you ever have the realization of just how amazing your children are?

This feeling of total awe has waved over me several times in their small lives thus far. Sometimes i loose sight of their "pure awesomeness". I get caught up in their, seemingly endless obnoxious and annoying behavior, along with the notion that all I do is yell and scold them all day long. But then something like this happens:

today, while walking Cameron to school, somewhat lost in thought about what at this moment feel like "big" things, he nudged me. I looked down at him. And he just smiled up at me "I love you mom". And we walked on. *Sigh*

** I don't deserve this Lord. It was less than 15 minutes ago I yelled at him to "get away from me" ... he was pestering me about some remote control train: "can we please mom, please, can we, can we, mom, mom, mom, can we, can we, can we, please MOM!
... How is it that he has totally forgotten that already and looks at me like I'm some angelic creature. I haven't washed my face, I'm sure I have eye make-up rubbed on my face creating raccoon eyes, have I even brushed my teeth today?. **

A few minutes later we were at the mouth of the school driveway where we typically part ways. He takes a few steps then turns around and says "oh, I almost forgot, Kiss. Hug." we do. He skips off I smile and say have a great day Cam he turns around all smiles and says "Have a great day too mom!"

Thank you God for my kids. They are truly amazing little people, with big ideas, and dreams of the future. My prayer is that I do the best I can with what I know during the time that they are with me. Please Lord, give me strength and open my eyes to more of the awesomeness that you hand crafted in their personalities.

No comments: