We live life; sometimes it's interesting

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Have you hugged your kids today?

No, I mean really hold them and hug them, and they hug you back. (Not the dead fish hug, much like the dead fish handshake some people give. )

The oldest one (see Boy at right) and I butt heads the most out of all our kids. There seems to be more days than not lately that I just hope he doesn't wake up from his nap and just keeps on sleeping right through the night. Well today I picked him up from school at 11:30 he does is usual "mom!" runs at me with open arms give me a hug at the waist (he's getting taller) and then it begins.

lets get your coat on.

i'm to tired, I want lunch, I want to watch a movie......(whine, whine, whine)

Oh joy!

------------------------------------------------------------

today we get home. (very mild on the whining) He ASKS for help with his coat and as he was walking up to me. He just smiled the sweetest smile.

I held out my arms and he folded in and we just hugged

no wiggling to get a way, or sharp tounged "NO's"
We both just hugged and it was nice.

I love those moments.

So if you havent today, because the day has just been busy for whatever reason. Stop and hug your kids, or your husband, or maybe your own mom and *dad.









*There's a whole nother can of beans for Me and a couch and "Dr. Jacquelyn Shaw" to work through. Call me when you open your office I'll be your first client.

4 comments:

twenty something said...

hahaha rules of dr. jacquelyn shaw's office
1) family will never be clients.

i will always listen and do what i can, i will never charge family (so therefore you're not a client or maybe just a not a paying client?)
either way. we can chat about your pa or any other issue you want, just give me a call. :)

Julie said...

so sweet.
I have one just like that. Caleb. Oh dear, Caleb. We butt heads quite a bit ourselves.
But there are sweet moments. Thanks for the reminder.

Jon Dayton said...

Somehow, between all the beatings* and shouting I almost always get a hug from each kid every day.

*Them beating each other, not me beating them.

Pamela said...

if i were a pile of poo, my boys would be the flies.

and while it's nice to be warm like a pile of poo, the flies do get a little annoying after a while.

it's the girl child who is usually a little less huggy.