We live life; sometimes it's interesting

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

my two dream jobs!

Well, I have been told by several people lately that I need to start doing photography professionally! How do you do that? don't get me wrong, I would love to, I think it would be amazing to be asked to photograph someones children or their wedding! I took Cameron to get his pictures done for his 2nd Brithday, and the lady literally had a white sheet nailed to the wall, a couple different drop cloths, MY SAME digital camera, and one umbrella photography light! and her pictures (see left) came out gourgous! i want to do this, I paid (actually my mother-in-law) paid $30 for the sitting fee and then Erin (the photographer) does all the editing on photoshop, and sells you the CD with all the pictures on it for $50 bucks and you can print them where ever you want to! I CAN DO THAT!

My other dream job would be to open up a "crap" store, you know like one of those stores that has all the cute country style stuff in it, like the old post office in alexander, or the shop on Harper Rd in Darien! again, how do you get started and (wow the investment) and there are so many shops like that its rediculous!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Jill,
I just got caught up on your blog.....sounds like things are going well for you and you are handling mothering three kids really well!
That is a super cute picture of Hayden on the side in the tie. Is that from the shoot? That sounds like a pretty good deal for sweet pictures. I guess all you would need to learn is a little about photoshopping and all to do it.

and then advertise or something. It would be a good way to make some money on the side. Seems like one would need a lot of patience too.

I would like to own a really cool coffee and dessert shop myself. Except just like the crap shop, there are about a million of those in every town.

Jon Dayton said...

You could open an online crap shop. Just find some distributors, sign up with Pay Pal and order stuff as you need it. You can have one of everything at your house to show off or for immediate shipping. That way you can snag customers from all over and not have to rent a store. I have a friend in Long Island doing just that and it's working out pretty well for her. It's all she does.